Man City fullback Walker confident playing again this season

Forum 1 year ago

Man City fullback Walker confident playing again this season

Manchester City fullback Kyle Walker feels he'll play again before the end of the season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/30b0aea06d379adea4436fb31143b615.jpeg

The 31-year-old full back limped off in City's Champions League defeat against Real Madrid earlier this month, having pushed through the pain barrier to start, with Guardiola stating he will therefore miss the rest of the campaign.

But when asked about the condition of his ankle, Walker told BBC Radio 5Live he is hopeful of returning to help his side secure the Premier League title.

He said: "It's alright, it's alright. I wouldn't say it's perfect, obviously it's had two very bad injuries in two games but I'm hoping. I've still got hope until the end of the season, until that whistle goes 90 minutes in at the Etihad against Aston Villa, that's when I'll say my season is over and have a little bit of a rest.

"Well, a week hopefully before I join up with England but I've still got hope for tomorrow, I've still got hope for next week, as I say, until the season's done I'll (not) be done."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Welcome to Wrexham Season 3 Trailer Previews Sports Docuseries’ Return
Forum | 3 hours ago

Welcome to Wrexham Season 3 Trailer Previews Sports Docuseries’ Return

Fallout Season 2 Officially Confirmed for Amazon Prime Video
Forum | 3 hours ago

Fallout Season 2 Officially Confirmed for Amazon Prime Video

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 10 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 10 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge