Former Liverpool and Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole offers his FA Cup final prediction

Forum 2 years ago

Former Liverpool and Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole offers his FA Cup final prediction

Joe Cole has offered his prediction for Chelsea's FA Cup final clash with Liverpool.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ed0f8b8598670e8c384f5264a3990fc7.jpeg

Thomas Tuchel will be hoping to clinch the FA Cup at the second time of asking after losing out to Leicester City in last year's final. In a disappointing display from his side, Chelsea went down 1-0 after a stunning long-distance strike from Youri Tielemans condemned them to defeat.

Cole — who made 282 appearances for Chelsea before leaving for a nightmare spell at Anfield in 2010 — believes the west London club will edge a narrow final due to Tuchel's tactical pragmatism.

“I fancy Chelsea to win 1-0," Cole told JOE. “Admittedly that's my heart rather than my head because Liverpool look impenetrable at the moment. You see the way they're playing, they're such a great team. But I think Thomas Tuchel might have something up his sleeve for this game so I'm going for Chelsea."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: Southgate decides to drop one player for final group game
Forum | 23 hours ago

Euro 2024: Southgate decides to drop one player for final group game

Transfer: ‘I’m happy’ – Cucurella speaking on leaving Chelsea for Barcelona
Forum | 23 hours ago

Transfer: ‘I’m happy’ – Cucurella speaking on leaving Chelsea for Barcelona

Euro 2024: England’s front three not working – Joe Cole
Forum | 3 days ago

Euro 2024: England’s front three not working – Joe Cole

ABSU final deadline for completion of change of course, 2023/2024 Academic Session
Forum | 4 days ago

ABSU final deadline for completion of change of course, 2023/2024 Academic Session