Everton boss Lampard warns Newcastle, Arsenal off Calvert-Lewin

1 week ago

Everton boss Frank Lampard insists he's under no pressure to sell Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/434515732c17427a5d4504d49d1c188b.jpeg

Newcastle and Arsenal are interested in the England striker.

But Lampard, for his part, insists he wants Calvert-Lewin to stay: “He is a fantastic striker, a pedigree striker and there are simply not that many around.

“He has three years left on his contract, and I want to take this club forward. A player of Dominic's can help that - he is our player and that's it."

Lampard revealed he has been in constant dialogue with the European Championship finalist, as he has tried to nurse him back to fitness following a difficult campaign which saw Everton plunge into the bottom three, until just a week ago.

And he explained that he has heard nothing from the striker to suggest he will attempt to force a move in the summer.

“He has not said anything to me like that, he trains well, we communicate a lot and he's not said anything," he said. “I'm not silly - this is football, so I am aware of the way things can go.

“Dominic's been a big player for Everton, and Everton have been big for him in his career, so that should be the story."

Related Forums
West Ham boss Moyes admits he plans busy summer market
Forum

West Ham boss Moyes admits he plans busy summer market

2 days ago
Newcastle returning to Lyon to close Paqueta signing
Forum

Newcastle returning to Lyon to close Paqueta signing

2 days ago
Arsenal hold Umtiti talks with Barcelona
Forum

Arsenal hold Umtiti talks with Barcelona