Newcastle name Majed Al Sorour as director

Forum 1 year ago

Newcastle name Majed Al Sorour as director

Newcastle United have appointed Majed Al Sorour - the chief executive of the Saudi Golf Federation - as a director of the club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d82215c6ab329624f6d990fd3629e19c.jpeg

A listing on the government's Companies House website stated that Al Sorour took the role on 12 May.

He has been seen at some Newcastle games, alongside the club's non-executive chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan.

Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) provided 80% of the funds to take over Newcastle in October 2021.

Al-Rumayyan, the governor of PIF, is also listed on Companies House as a director of Newcastle, along with minority owners Amanda Staveley, who fronted the consortium to buy the Tyneside club, and Jamie Reuben.

PIF, whose chairman is Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, is also providing funding for a new breakaway invitational golf series which is being overseen by Greg Norman.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith
Forum | 2 days ago

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Chris Farley Biopic to Star Paul Walter Hauser, Director Revealed
Forum | 6 days ago

Chris Farley Biopic to Star Paul Walter Hauser, Director Revealed

Director Adanma Luke Ordered My Arrest After Escaping Accident That Killed Junior Pope – TC Virus
Forum | 1 week ago

Director Adanma Luke Ordered My Arrest After Escaping Accident That Killed Junior Pope – TC Virus