2023: I Will Consult My Constituency Before I Resign – Ngige On Buhari’s Order

Forum 1 year ago

2023: I Will Consult My Constituency Before I Resign – Ngige On Buhari’s Order

Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, has reacted to President Muhamadu Buhari’s directive that all ministers vying for any elective office in 2023 should resign.

Recall that President Buhari, at the Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting on Wednesday told cabinet members who have declared their presidential ambition to resign before Monday 16th of May.

Reacting, Ngige said he is not in a hurry to resign from his appointment and that he has to consult with President Muhamadu Buhari and his constituents before tendering any resignation letter.

According to him, Buhari gave a window for those that need clarifications on his pronouncement to meet him.

“I have no reaction for now because the President said if anyone wants clarifications, the person should meet him.

“So I have to consult him and consult my constituents, Anambra state because I am holding the office for the government and my constituents,” Vanguard quoted him as saying.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 3 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 4 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 5 days ago