I Have A Bigger Plans Than Competing With Sarkodie – Kwesi Arthur

Forum 1 year ago

I Have A Bigger Plans Than Competing With Sarkodie – Kwesi Arthur

As he sees it, he has far more important goals in mind for his music than simply fulfilling the expectations of his fans.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/82c5b779e48b2bc204d4b45366ee8f78.jpg

On Tuesday, he made the statement during the #PulsexKalyJaySpace collaboration between Pulse Ghana and social media personality KalyJay.

These were his words in response to someone saying that if he hadn’t been “lazy,” “he [Could] have easily taken over from Sarkodie regarding rap” in Ghana.

In response, he pointed out that Sarkodie is a pioneer who he truly admires.

He disclose on #KalyJaySpace; I’m not {talking about} this takeover from Sarkodie. We have a bigger vision. We are preaching on these songs. The vision is bigger than that. People will say what they want to say. I respect Sarkodie so much. Sarkodie is from my city. He paved the way for some of us to do what we are doing. We are taking this music to the world,”

Recently, Sarkodie and Kwesi Arthur collaborated on “Coachella,” which was nominated for this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards. “Coachella”

Kwesi Arthur had his work cut out for him after Sarkodie beat him to the Rapper of the Year title in the awards show’s 2020 iteration.

With only 3% of the vote, according to KPMG’s data, Sarkodie defeated Kwesi Arthur in this year’s election.

Sarkodie received 27% of the vote, while Kwesi Arthur received 30%.

Last month’s record Son of Jacob by Kwesi Arthur was released on vinyl and digitally. Even though it took three or four years for the book to be published, he expressed gratitude to this reporter in an interview.

There has been a lot of interest in the 15-track album since it was launched.

Toxic, he said, is also doing “wonders on the low,” even though “Drama” is getting all of the attention. He said this when asked about his favorite track on the album.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I
Forum | 13 hours ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life

EPL: He’s part of my plans – Arteta rules out Arsenal star leaving Emirates
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s part of my plans – Arteta rules out Arsenal star leaving Emirates

If I Got Same Help From Davido, I’d Be Bigger - Portable Warns Dammy Krane
Forum | 1 week ago

If I Got Same Help From Davido, I’d Be Bigger - Portable Warns Dammy Krane

Alex Garland Plans to Step Away From Directing After A24’s Civil War
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Alex Garland Plans to Step Away From Directing After A24’s Civil War