Presidential Race: PDP Rakes In N285m From Atiku, Saraki, 6 Others

Forum 1 year ago

A total of N285m has been generated by the leading opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from eight presidential aspirants that have so far purchased its nomination and expression of interest forms to contest for the presidency.

The party had after its National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting, approved the timetable and schedule of activities for the 2023 general elections. While the seven male aspirants paid N40m each, making N280m, the lone female aspirant paid N5m.HOME

NEWS

BUSINESS

POLITICS

PODCAST

VIDEOS

AGRICULTURE

SPORTS

OPINION

EDUCATION

ENTERTAINMENT

INTERNATIONAL

MORE SECTION

POLITICS

A total of N285m has been generated by the leading opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from eight presidential aspirants that have so far purchased its...

By

Baba Martins

And

Hope Abah Emmanuel

Tue, 29 Mar 2022 04:32:51 GMT

A total of N285m has been generated by the leading opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from eight presidential aspirants that have so far purchased its nomination and expression of interest forms to contest for the presidency.

The party had after its National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting, approved the timetable and schedule of activities for the 2023 general elections. While the seven male aspirants paid N40m each, making N280m, the lone female aspirant paid N5m.

2023: Saraki, Tambuwal, Bala Mohammed form unity team

What I will do if I lose PDP ticket – Saraki

The aspirants that have so far collected the forms are former vice president Atiku Abubakar, former Senate president Bukola Saraki, Bauchi State Governor Bala Mohammed, and a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim.

Others are Sokoto State Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal; veteran journalist and publisher, Dele Momodu; Dr. Nwachukwu Anakwenze and Diana Oliver Tariela, the only female aspirant that has so far purchased the forms.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba
Forum | 3 days ago

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 4 days ago

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam
Forum | 5 days ago

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam