Enone 2023: Why I'm Aspiring For 2nd Tenure - Rep. Ottah Agbo

4 days ago

The Honourable Member representing Ado/Ogbadibo/Okpokwu Federal Constituency of Benue State, Dr. Francis Ottah Agbo, has disclosed his reasons for seeking reelection for a second term.

Dr. Ottah Agbo at a meeting with members of the Ogbadibo Legislative Council in Otukpa, on Tuesday, 10th May, 2022, stated that his reelection bid was born of the desire to complete his "liberation agenda".

The lawmaker said rather than the pursuit of personal comfort, his desire to return for the House of Representatives is to enable him complete the liberation agenda of his people from the shackles of ignorance, poverty, disease and underdevelopment which he started doing since 2019.

He said it is his passion to serve that has driven him to fight hard to bring infrastructural development to his constituency, sponsored bills and motions that would impact on his people and uplifted the living standard of his constituents through various empowerment programs.

"I went to the House of Representatives to work for the people, serve the people and not to be served. That is why since I assumed office, I have not bought a car or built a house for myself.

"This is due to my strong conviction that the legislature is for service and for me it has been about work and work and more work.

"Those that understand this will not make public office a do or die affair. I'm not desperate, I only want to complete my agenda for liberating my people," he said.

Dr. Ottah Agbo, who is the chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Narcotic Drugs, said it is unfortunate some think being in the House of Representatives is about getting access to travelling abroad and a means of attaining personal comfort because the constituency is in dire need of development.

"I am there and even though I have covered much ground, there's still much to be done.

"My desire is to consolidate the fulfilment of my agenda which is to serve the people and bring more development to my constituency," he added.

The Lawmaker said he is doing all that for posterity and to leave a good name in future.

He thanked the Ogbadibo Councillors for their support and the visit which accorded him the opportunity to interact with them, describing his relationship with the people of Ogbadibo as akin to the love between Romeo and Juliet, adding that he does not take for granted the massive support he enjoys from both the low and high in the LG.

The parliamentarian said he does not regret stepping down for an Ogbadibo in 2015 when he gunned for the House of Representatives seat and promised to secure more jobs for the youths in his constituency, continue the empowerment programs as well as ongoing projects.

"They accuse me of doing so much and I plead guilty to that but I intend to do more because that accusation is one that I cannot deny or shy away from till my people are completely liberated," he stated.

Members of the Ogbadibo Legislative Council pledged their support to see to the return of Dr. Ottah Agbo to the Green Chamber vowing that all their votes would be for him.

The councilors led by the leader of the legislature, Hon. Jacob Idoko, assured the Parliamentarian of their support to see him emerge as the flag bearer of the PDP for Ado/Ogbadibo/Okpokwu Federal Constituency saying he is the best representative any constituency could wish for.

Related Forums
Buhari Rejects Call For Tenure Extension, Vows To Step Down Next Year
Forum

Buhari Rejects Call For Tenure Extension, Vows To Step Down Next Year

5 days ago
Report: History of the World: Part II Gains Huge List of Guest Stars
Forum

Report: History of the World: Part II Gains Huge List of Guest Stars

6 days ago
Report: Flea to Star in Disney+ Series Obi-Wan Kenobi
Forum

Report: Flea to Star in Disney+ Series Obi-Wan Kenobi