Ex-Chelsea striker Diego Costa considered at Birmingham

Forum 1 year ago

Ex-Chelsea striker Diego Costa considered at Birmingham

Former Chelsea striker Diego Costa is being linked with Birmingham City.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/21891dfcd0e99a697ccee77eaa9c0bfb.jpeg

Costa could make the sensational move to Birmingham if former journeyman striker Maxi Lopez takes control of the in-crisis club.

The Midlands side's current Chinese owners are said to be open to selling a share in the club and hand over the running to new directors, with Lopez interested in the taking control.

The former Barcelona starlet, who scored against Chelsea in the Champions League in 2005, is reportedly part of a consortium bidding to take over at St Andrew's alongside businessmen Paul Richardson and Christian Codoma.

Lopez and lifelong Birmingham fan Richardson attended Birmingham's final day loss at home to Blackburn on Saturday and are apparently keen on running the club on a two-year management deal before eventually looking to buy it.

The Mirror says Lopez has already drawn up a list of potential targets if his consortium is successful, including former Chelsea striker Costa.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd