Aston Villa goalkeeper Martinez insists Liverpool upset can happen

Forum 1 year ago

Aston Villa goalkeeper Martinez insists Liverpool upset can happen

Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez insists they're capable of upsetting Liverpool tonight.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/36aef272bdf868b03c1b36fd00434001.jpeg

The Villans have put together a three-game unbeaten run and are full of confidence after dispatching Burnley 3-1 at Turf Moor on Saturday.

But after finding results against the top Premier League sides hard to come by this season, Martínez is hoping Villa can show what they're capable of.

He said: “We beat them last season, it was a close game at Anfield this season and I don't want us to have the regret of respecting Liverpool too much.

“They have to respect us as well – Villa Park is not an easy ground to play at. We have to go for the three points."

Martínez added: “We need a big win, and it would be a big, big win to beat one of the best teams in Europe right now.

“After this season, where we've had a couple of four or five-game losing streaks, we deserve a big win, and hopefully it can be tomorrow night."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 16 mins ago

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 4 days ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

What Will Happen If You Don’t Mind Your Business – Yemi Alade Slams Trolls
Forum | 4 days ago

What Will Happen If You Don’t Mind Your Business – Yemi Alade Slams Trolls

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 1 week ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue