Aston Villa defender Cash ready for Liverpool

Forum 1 year ago

Aston Villa defender Cash ready for Liverpool

Aston Villa defender Matty Cash insists manager Steven Gerrard is desperate to halt Liverpool's title chase.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2d3fbd4dc92bab06893b61765d6ccda7.jpeg

The Reds fell three points behind Manchester City in the Premier League title race after Saturday's draw with Tottenham.

And Cash says that Gerrard, who is a Liverpool legend, wants to deny his club the chance of winning the title.

Cash told theExpress & Star: "He's here at Villa now. What he did for Liverpool, he's one of their best-ever players and I am sure it will be a bit emotional for him, like going back to Anfield was. But he will want us to win."

He added: "It is one of those games you really want to play in. I think the atmosphere will be amazing.

"They're coming, they need to win. We want to finish in the top half of the table so we want to win. It will be really good. They are the big games which everyone watches."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg
Forum | 2 days ago

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold