Why There Is Nothing Wrong With Gospel Artistes Charging Performance Fees – Tim Godfrey

Forum 1 year ago

Why There Is Nothing Wrong With Gospel Artistes Charging Performance Fees – Tim Godfrey

Tim Godfrey, a gospel singer, is of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with gospel artistes charging fees for performances.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e449f052e9fc9b716bf15692e6fd7461.jpeg

In an interview with Sunday Scoop, he said, “Whatever God has called one to do, one should just do it. If God has called one not to charge (performance fees), that is fine.

"Every gospel artiste receives a sort of honorarium. We have responsibilities and we do these things full-time. Some people still owe me for my performances. Some people’s decision to charge fees is based on past experiences. I have band members I pay and they have families they cater for. Sometimes, I do some concerts for free or based on relationships.”

The Nara crooner, who recently proposed to his fiancée, stated that she is the right person for him.

He said, “I don’t like putting my family out there. I want to control the narrative that concerns that part of my life. I am excited I met my fiancée. She is beautiful, amazing, God-sent and my still waters in the midst of the storm. She understands ministry business. It means a lot to me to meet the right person.”

Speaking about his latest projects, the singer said, “My latest projects include the Fearless (concert), which is the major one. The seventh edition will hold this year. In our past editions, we have had top gospel singers from around the world, including Mavin Sapp, Kirk Franklin and Travis Greene.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
El-Rufai, Marketers Subsidy Payment Claims Wrong – FG, NNPC
Forum | 4 days ago

El-Rufai, Marketers Subsidy Payment Claims Wrong – FG, NNPC

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel

Timaya Reportedly Acquires Tesla Cybertruck
Forum | 1 week ago

Timaya Reportedly Acquires Tesla Cybertruck

Shifting Gears: WandaVision’s Kat Dennings Joins Tim Allen in Comedy Pilot
Forum | 1 week ago

Shifting Gears: WandaVision’s Kat Dennings Joins Tim Allen in Comedy Pilot