Police Arrest Three Suspects For Threatening To Kidnap Targets And Demanding N10M From Them

Forum 1 year ago

Police Arrest Three Suspects For Threatening To Kidnap Targets And Demanding N10M From Them

Three suspects have been apprehended by men of the Adamawa police force for allegedly threatening to abduct three citizens and asking them to pay the sum of N10 million to be spared.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0257ae0a42e9412853aef96b19882c29.jpeg

The state Police Command which disclosed this in a statement on Friday said the suspects called their targets on phone to pass their threats and to make their demands.

The statement, signed by state Police Public Relations Officer Suleiman Nguroje, said, “The Command on the 29/4/2022 and 3/5/2022 received reports from Alhaji Ibrahim Bayo, Alhaji Abdulkarim Bayo and Alhaji Bala Hamman, residents of Mayo Belwa and Ganye local government areas, that unknown subscribers using separate GSM numbers threatened to kidnap them if they didn’t pay the ransom of 10,000,000.”

The suspects, according to the police, are Maigari Adamu, 24 years old; Usman Ali, 20 years old; and Awal Hammawa, 31 years old, residents of Tazaco and Wuro Chekke in Fufore and Yola South local government areas.

The statement said officers of the SIB of the Police who rounded up the suspects made use of the Rescue me App intelligence system developed by the police, to get to the bases of the crime and at the suspects.

The police said the exercise was courtesy of the Command’s reinvigorated special action plan on the ongoing fight against banditry, kidnapping, armed robbery and other violent crimes across the state.

“The state Commissioner of Police, CP Sikiru Akande, while commending the gallantry of the OC SIB and Men of the Bureau, noted that the command’s Rescue me App operation is a good initiative and will critically evaluate the pattern and trend of crimes in the State.

“He assured of massive and well-planned deployment of both human and other operational assets of the Command to reinforce and consolidate on keeping Adamawa safe, especially at this electioneering period.

“The Command is leveraging on the technological drive of policing by emphasizing on the Rescue me App as a means of reporting and responding operations aimed at preventing and detecting of crime,” the Command stated.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle
Forum | 2 days ago

Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle

How Nigerian Soldiers Intercepted A Gun Runner In Taraba, Foiled Kidnap Attempt
Forum | 2 days ago

How Nigerian Soldiers Intercepted A Gun Runner In Taraba, Foiled Kidnap Attempt

Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo
Forum | 2 days ago

Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo