Obasanjo Calls On Nigerians To Celebrate Themselves (See Reason)

Forum 8 years ago

Obasanjo Calls On Nigerians To Celebrate Themselves (See Reason)

Nigeria’s former president Olusegun Obasanjo called on Nigerians to celebrate and honour themselves.

The official made a claim on Thursday, June 25, during a festive ceremony held in Abeokuta, Ogun state.

He was quoted as saying by The Punch:-

“We should celebrate ourselves all the time. Nigerians have always been celebrated by outsiders. We should try to honour ourselves like what we are doing here today.”

Josiah Odowu-Fearon, the hero of the occasion who was appointed the secretary-general of the World Anglican Communion, noted that his relationship with Obasanjo had begun long time ago. He described the ex-president as a true leader worth emulation.

He also urged Nigerians to refrain from action that might jeopardize the unity of the nation.

He praised Obasanjo, who despite being a Christian built a mosque at his presidential library complex. Odowu-Fearon stressed the importance for people to live in peace adding:

“We serve only one God with different approaches.”

In a recent development Chief Obasanjo held a closed-door meeting with some Nigerian politicians in his residence. After the encounter Akwa Ibom state Governor Emmanuel Udom told journalists:

“I have come to show gratitude and respect for someone whom I regard as a father and whose advice I regard as invaluable and which also contributed to my victory at the polls.”
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Peter Obi Knocks 2024 Budget, Calls For Focus On Citizens
Forum | 1 day ago

Peter Obi Knocks 2024 Budget, Calls For Focus On Citizens' Welfare

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry
Forum | 2 days ago

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 5 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 5 days ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders