Jorginho apologises to Chelsea fans for penalty howler

Forum 2 years ago

Jorginho apologises to Chelsea fans for penalty howler

Jorginho has apologised to Chelsea fans after Sunday's penalty miss in victory over West Ham.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/01eecc042d815de11f99479d58e46341.jpeg

He drew criticism for his penalty-taking style after the blunder, with fans and pundits again questioning his unique tendency to hop and skip before striking the ball.

He told Sky Sports: "This sort of pressure, especially in games like this when you need to win and it's last minute, and you try to isolate your mind from all that pressure even though it's hard, and then you have the VAR so it takes longer, it's harder to keep focus.

"What you need to do and what I try to do is I try to isolate my mind of all this pressure, and unfortunately this time it didn't work.

"When you have that little moment of doubt that's usually when you make the mistake. Maybe I had too much time to think about it, I don't know.

"This time it went like that and I'm sorry. I feel bad because it's not a nice feeling."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: Why Tottenham lost 2-0 to Chelsea – Postecoglou
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Why Tottenham lost 2-0 to Chelsea – Postecoglou

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid
Forum | 3 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid