Four Things You Didn’t Know About Easter

Forum 8 years ago

Four Things You Didn’t Know About Easter

For Christians, Easter is a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ — and arguably the most important date on the religious calendar.

Easter marks the end of Lent, a 40-day period of fasting and reflection. The day holds the promise of victory over death, a new life and the forgiveness of sins.

Here are four little-known facts about the Easter holiday.

1. Easter is on a different date every year. It’s the first Sunday after the full moon after the spring equinox. (This year’s was March 20.) Dates for Easter fall between March 22 and April

2. The name Easter comes from Eostre (Ostara in German), a goddess of dawn and east.

3. Eggs are the symbol of fertility and rebirth and have been exchanged in honor of spring for thousands of years, dating back to ancient Persians and Egyptians.
4. Lore says if it rains on Easter morning it will rain for the next seven days.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 4 days ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares
Forum | 1 week ago

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares

“She no know say I be celebrity” — Regina Daniels laments as her mom asks her to wash plates
Forum | 1 week ago

“She no know say I be celebrity” — Regina Daniels laments as her mom asks her to wash plates

‘I don’t know if I’ll live to be 100’ – Varane
Forum | 2 weeks ago

‘I don’t know if I’ll live to be 100’ – Varane