Burn tips Newcastle boss Howe for Manager of the Season

Forum 1 year ago

Burn tips Newcastle boss Howe for Manager of the Season

Newcastle United defender Dan Burn thinks Eddie Howe could be considered as manager of the season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/88a4e1b27ee82fd90ece3ae11216d7bb.jpeg

Howe has guided Newcastle to 15 points from safety after the club were mired in a relegation battle through most of the season.

Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola are expected to take out the award, but Burn thinks Howe should be considered.

"It's some achievement to have gone from where we were when the new ownership came in to our position now," said Burn told the Guardian.

"The atmosphere here now reminds of when I used to come to St James' Park as kid and watch the team playing in the Champions League.

"After turning it around the way he has, he's a real contender for manager of the season.

"It's about the mentality he's brought in, the way we train, the sense of real togetherness he's created. It's brought the players and the fans closer together; we're all pulling in the same direction.

"You've got managers like Klopp and Guardiola but what Eddie Howe's done is equally impressive. It's a monumental achievement to take this club from the state it was in and to get to 40 points with five games to go."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 1 day ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain
Forum | 1 day ago

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 1 day ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series