I Didn't Accuse El-Rufai of Divulging Classified Information – NSA

Forum 2 years ago

I Didn't Accuse El-Rufai of Divulging Classified Information – NSA

National Security Adviser (NSA) Babagana Monguno has clarified that Kaduna Governor Nasir El-Rufai didn't divulge classified information on terrorism.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1c6ecc79c4e699f327271c9c5b5e189f.jpg

The NSA spoke on Friday through, Zakari Usman, Head of Strategic Communication in his office.

He had on Thursday stated that El-Rufai talks too much after the Security Council Meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari.

A statement by Usman noted that Monguno, a retired Major General, was quoted “out of context”.

“The NSA did not at anytime during the briefing criticize and accuse Governor Nasir El Rufai of divulging classified information”, it reads.

Usman said the NSA was not referring to the Kaduna helmsman in his comment on the protection of sensitive operational information.

He clarified that Monguno, while responding to a question, cautioned security agents who are “in the habit of revealing unauthorized sensitive operational details”.

The statement said El-Rufai “has been a consistent and exemplary partner to the security sector” and the NSA would not discredit him.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Asake’s ex-lover shares information about singer, reveal why she broke up with him
Forum | 1 month ago

Asake’s ex-lover shares information about singer, reveal why she broke up with him

UI information to underage candidates for 2023/2024 session
Forum | 1 month ago

UI information to underage candidates for 2023/2024 session

Kaduna: Sheikh Gumi Didn
Forum | 1 month ago

Kaduna: Sheikh Gumi Didn't Help In Release of Kuriga Students – Governor Sani

LASU important information for graduates proceeding in NYSC
Forum | 1 month ago

LASU important information for graduates proceeding in NYSC