Chelsea boss Tuchel happy seeing Spurs, Arsenal slip up in top 4 race

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea boss Tuchel happy seeing Spurs, Arsenal slip up in top 4 race

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel says he's feeling confident of a top three finish.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e6a2ffb692ab6364d5e31f86c07da524.jpeg

Chelsea have reached the final of the FA Cup, League Cup and Club World Cup, as well as the quarter-finals of the Champions League, and have played more games this season than any other Premier League club.

Despite their intense schedule Chelsea have a strong grip on third place in the league, leading fourth-placed Tottenham by five points and having played two games less. Arsenal and Manchester United are a further three points back.

"They have been given a huge advantage," Tuchel told reporters ahead of their league game against Arsenal later on Wednesday.

"I was not happy when Tottenham were out of the (Europa) Conference League.

"Because I thought, 'Wow, I know what Antonio Conte can do with teams when they are focused and he can train them physically'.

"I thought this will be a huge uplift for them in the domestic competition, and the same for Arsenal when they went out of the cup.

"I thought it would be a huge boost for them, because they have a very young and talented team."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
John Leguizamo Turned Down Happy Feet Because He Was Sick of ‘Doing All These Ice Movies’
Forum | 2 days ago

John Leguizamo Turned Down Happy Feet Because He Was Sick of ‘Doing All These Ice Movies’

Transfer: ‘They’re pushing, he’s top priority’ – Romano names player Arsenal want to sign
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: ‘They’re pushing, he’s top priority’ – Romano names player Arsenal want to sign

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva
Forum | 6 days ago

Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva