Arteta claims Champions League would be 'game-changer' for Arsenal

Forum 2 years ago

Arteta claims Champions League would be 'game-changer' for Arsenal

Mikel Arteta admits qualifying for the Champions League would be a 'game-changer' for Arsenal.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cb4172b4d6c2f0cb3e3e3c088660912f.jpeg

The Gunners can move to equal fourth-place with a win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

And Arteta admits the club would change greatly by qualifying for Europe's premier competition.

"Champions League brings the club much closer to where we want to be," said Arteta.

"To play in the competition that has a huge history and relation to our club. Secondly, obviously, it improves every situation with the sponsors, financially expectations, the capacity to grow our players and expose them to a different dimension of a competition.

"This is where I want to be. It's a game-changer. The Champions League puts you with the best teams in Europe and we definitely want to be there."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Arsenal’s Raya names striker better than Erling Haaland
Forum | 8 hours ago

Arsenal’s Raya names striker better than Erling Haaland

Championship play-offs fixtures confirmed [Full details]
Forum | 1 day ago

Championship play-offs fixtures confirmed [Full details]

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 4 days ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures