Carragher expecting Liverpool shake-up for Everton derby

Forum 2 years ago

Carragher expecting Liverpool shake-up for Everton derby

Liverpool hero Jamie Carragher expects manager Jurgen Klopp to ring the changes for Sunday's derby against Everton.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4ce3e4290ca5d6c6eb10aa0288a8aab1.jpeg

Liverpoool ran out 4-0 winners against Manchester United yesterday evening and have a number of other important matches on the horizon as the season reaches its climax.

Sharing his thoughts on how he expects Liverpool to line up, Carragher told Sky Sports: "I think Jurgen Klopp might take the emotion out of it. He does have to be brave, from now until the end of the season.

“He can't play the same eight or nine players every game. I think he may look at that game and say 'I might need to be brave in this game' and say 'this is a team that are fourth or fifth from bottom.'

“If we were playing Leeds or Brentford, then I would make five or six changes.

“So, the actual nine he has that are set in stone. Nine or ten. I think we could see a game where there's maybe (Kostas) Tsimikas comes in. (Roberto) Firmino and (Diogo) Jota play. Maybe Curtis Jones plays because I don't think he would do that in the two semi-finals."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star

EPL: Football expert names players likely to leave Liverpool with Klopp
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Football expert names players likely to leave Liverpool with Klopp