Liverpool defender Tsimikas proud of MOM performance for Benfica draw

Forum 2 years ago

Liverpool defender Tsimikas proud of MOM performance for Benfica draw

Liverpool defender Kostas Tsimikas was proud of his performance in their draw with Champions League opponents Benfica.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d6535905c5a1c0c2d34f357774080566.jpeg

Tsimikas earned the Player of the Match award at Anfield in a thrilling 3-3 draw against Benfica after notching two assists. The result sees Liverpool reach the semifinals.

The Greece fullback said, "I'm very, very happy. I'm very happy for the two assists. My hard work pays off. This gives me extra motivation to keep working hard and do exactly that, play for this team. I always enjoy when I play for this family. I'm very happy.

"We had a good performance but we had some bad moments in the defence. But, at the end, we got through – this is what we played for. We wanted to win. We didn't get it, but it's OK. We have to work hard if we want to win the next games to achieve our goals.

"It's always a pleasure when I play for this family. I always try to give my best when they give me the chance. I'm always there for this team, to fight for every place, to do what we can do. I'm very, very happy for that. All the times they give me the chance, I will be there and I will show exactly that.

"Of course: it's my biggest dream to win the Champions League. It was one of my goals when I came here. I want it really so much. I will work hard with the boys to really achieve this. We deserve it with all the work we do every day. We'll go for it."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Defenders are afraid of him: Pundit reveals why Messi is succeeding at MLS
Forum | 1 day ago

Defenders are afraid of him: Pundit reveals why Messi is succeeding at MLS

Momo Cast: Alexa Goodall, Martin Freeman, & More Join English Remake of German Fantasy Novel
Forum | 3 days ago

Momo Cast: Alexa Goodall, Martin Freeman, & More Join English Remake of German Fantasy Novel

EPL: Salah equals Wayne Rooney’s record after Liverpool beat Tottenham
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Salah equals Wayne Rooney’s record after Liverpool beat Tottenham

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players