Man Utd fear work permit road-block for Van Persie

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd fear work permit road-block for Van Persie

Manchester United are looking at alternative options due to potential work permit issues with Robin van Persie.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/77920814971a2a6b0f280d6e2e22bfbe.jpeg

Ajax coach Erik ten Hag is the frontrunner to takeover as the new manager at Old Trafford.

Former United striker van Persie is a candidate to join Erik ten Hag's backroom staff.

However, ESPN reports that the 38-year-old will not be able to secure a UK work permit.

All overseas players and coaching staff must be granted a Governing Body Exemption to work in the Premier League of EFL, as per post-Brexit rules in the United Kingdom.

Van Persie's lack of top-level coaching experience would work against him in any application process.

The Netherlands legend has coached at Feyenoord since May 2020, but has lacked experience coaching for a prolonged period at senior level.

The report from ESPN states that Steve McClaren and Rene Meulensteen, both former assistants of Sir Alex Ferguson, are being considered to serve alongside ten Hag.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 1 day ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd