Is Rema’s Debut, “Rave & Roses” As Good As Wizkid’s “Superstar”?

Forum 2 years ago

Since the beginning of his three-year-old career, Rema has always gotten the Wizkid comparison.

First, people thought he sounded like the Starboy, which wasn’t far-fetched really; many people have sounded like Wiz in the past. The thing is, how far can a soundalike really go? Not very far, historically.

Well, it turned out Rema was more than a soundalike. He had his own vibe, his own niche, and he went on to make something of himself.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d97d8f15d62e29a72d7b1939c01b220a.jpg

Then the conversations shifted to just how much impact could have in the industry if he continues on the trajectory he was on. Truth be told, he was really hot, and even though he himself was new, he did inspire a couple of new guys’ sound and that’s something.

So the Rema x Wizkid comparisons never stopped coming once they started. And there’s no reason it would stop now. Especially now when the Jonzing World artist is just starting out and showing himself to the world.

Not long ago, he released his debut album, “Rave & Roses” and the album has received generally positive reviews from critics and fans alike.

I think it’s safe to say he did good with the project. But just how good? Is it “just there” good like most of the debuts we get these days? Or it’s “exceptional insane quality” good like “Superstar” or “Mushin 2 Mo’hits”?

Well, I guess that’s what I’m asking. Just how good is “Rave & Roses”? Good enough to be listed alongside classics like “Superstar” or not? I’ll leave that to y’all to decide.

Let’s hear from you.

Drop a comment.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend
Forum | 1 day ago

Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 1 day ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy

If You Can’t Produce a Good Film, Pack Up – Yvonne Jegede
Forum | 4 days ago

If You Can’t Produce a Good Film, Pack Up – Yvonne Jegede