Chelsea boss Tuchel admits crunch squad talks after consecutive defeats

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea boss Tuchel admits crunch squad talks after consecutive defeats

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel admitted crunch talks with his players after consecutive defeats this week.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b7e7559d76ad2b8d6517d8f5029fdd05.jpeg

Tuchel has alluded to a recent group session in which he made his feelings clear to his players after Chelsea's two defeats in two games.

"It was not a discussion type of a meeting yesterday," he said. "It was more like I gave my point of view, which is sometimes also necessary.

"We take the players' view very seriously but over the last two games we thought it may be necessary to give our view, but behind closed doors and in an atmosphere where people can take criticism.

"We do not point fingers and we are in this together but we needed to point out things in our game where we are not happy. Unfortunately, we have lacked structure in the last games, which is normally our strength.

"Then we lacked discipline in attacking and that was a big disadvantage in counter-pressing because we were not in the places where we were supposed to be.

"It is not about general criticism, it's about details in positions. I love the players and the group and we have to do better together."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva

EPL: Cole Palmer continues to rewrite Chelsea history, matching Drogba, Lampard records
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Cole Palmer continues to rewrite Chelsea history, matching Drogba, Lampard records

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo