[A MUST READ] How Tiwa Savage Chased Mocheddah Out Of Stardom

Forum 2 years ago

[A MUST READ] How Tiwa Savage Chased Mocheddah Out Of Stardom

Tiwa Savage is unquestionably one of the most talented and sought-after musicians in Africa right now.

However, this was not the case nine or ten years ago. It seemed like Mocheddah was going to be a big star in Nigerian music in 2010. Before Tiwa, she was the undisputed queen of the music industry.

In her field, she was a standout. She released her debut album ”Franchise Celebrity ” with two hit singles;

Koma Roll & If You want me. Same time, Mo as she is fondly called bagged an MTV Award for BEST NEW ACT & Channel O Music Award. She did some collabos around Africa and the continent was watching out for her as the NEXT POP SUPERSTAR. He career was booming and she was the rave of the moment. Although as at then, she was with the record label, “KNIGHTHOUSE”.

As at when Mo was on top, Tiwa Savage was still upcoming likewise Wizkid, Davido and others. Yemi Alade was not even known then as she was brought into limelight after winning the “Peak Talent Show” competition.

In 2011, Mocheddah blessed her fans and lovers with another hit single “SEE ME” ft Phenom which rocked the airwaves in Nigeria & around Africa. But after this, things began to change. Mocheddah’s career took a nose dive downwards.

She made a significant “error” in 2012 when she left her previous record label, “KnighHouse,” to form her own in order to pursue her own career.

Mo established her own label named “CHEDDAH MUSIC”. A move which turned out to be mistake. Mo shot her self in the leg.

After establishing her own record label, she took a long break. During this period, Tiwa Savage came back from America and savagely snatched the throne from her. Mo went ahead to release three singles after the break but they all didn’t do well as her fans had all channel their attention and love to Tiwa. Tiwa Savage showed up at the right time as there was no “serious and super talented” female pop star as at then.

In September 2012, Mocheddah made another attempt at breaking into Mainstream Music in Nigeria by releasing another single “COMING FOR YOU” ft May D. The song did relatively well but fizzled out into oblivion just like her music career. Nothing was heard about her in the music industry again.

Today with less than 320k Instagram followers, Mocheddah makes and sells organic creams and is into fashion.

Tiwa Savage has over 9.5 million Instagram followers and is still rocking the music industry as she has left her former music label “Mavin’s” owned by Donjazzy for Universal Records , a move many think is wrong as Tiwa Savage is yet to release any banging/hot singles as usual since is left Don Jazzy.

What do you think?

Do you think that just like Mo, Tiwa will soon fizzle into Oblivion?

Let’s hear from you all as regards this.

Drop your comments below.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Men Are Crazy But We Can’t Do Without Them – Tiwa Savage
Forum | 4 days ago

Men Are Crazy But We Can’t Do Without Them – Tiwa Savage

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up
Forum | 5 days ago

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani
Forum | 1 week ago

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani

Brymo Queries Tiwa Savage About Lyrics Of Her Song With Simi
Forum | 1 week ago

Brymo Queries Tiwa Savage About Lyrics Of Her Song With Simi