Wolves boss Lage confirms to hand Neves new contract

Forum 2 years ago

Wolves boss Lage confirms to hand Neves new contract

Wolves boss Bruno Lage has confirmed plans to hand Ruben Neves a new contract.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/39ba68c66348d682d073e5bed8031564.jpeg

Lage has confirmed that Neves will receive a contract offer from Wolves as talks continue – but the head coach has followed technical director Scott Sellars in saying he expects some of Europe's top clubs to be interested in the 25-year-old.

“I know he's having a fantastic season," said Lage.

“He's back to what he did in the past, and that's the kind of player we can have with us if we want to create a good team – a big player who can put us on a different level.

“But this is football and you never know. For sure he will receive a proposal from us but the way he plays I can see other teams are looking for him also."

Neves has had a superb season so far but will now be sidelined until May with a medial collateral ligament injury in his knee.

Although Lage admits he will be a big loss in the coming weeks, the boss believes Neves could be crucial to Wolves building to bigger things next season.

He added: “What is important to say is that it's very hard to find a player like him. We used to call it a defensive midfielder, but I prefer to call it a central midfielder – a guy who can defend and can attack.

“Sometimes you have a guy who can attack, sometimes you have a guy who can defend but he can do both things. He can score goals and do assists. It's very hard to find.

“From my side, he knows my opinion – I want the best for his career. If he prefers to remain with us, for sure we will be happy and stronger. But this is football and you never know. When you see the way he's playing and the challenge we gave him to be more consistent – he's a big loss for us at the moment.

“You never know what can happen. There could be a big team with a big offer and we would need to analyse what is best for us and for the player."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Captain America: Brave New World Image Previews Sam Wilson’s Suit
Forum | 8 hours ago

New Captain America: Brave New World Image Previews Sam Wilson’s Suit

Pretty Mike Advises Those Who Entered The New Month With Bad Attitude
Forum | 1 day ago

Pretty Mike Advises Those Who Entered The New Month With Bad Attitude

Weapons Cast: Benedict Wong & More Join New Line Cinema’s Horror Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

Weapons Cast: Benedict Wong & More Join New Line Cinema’s Horror Thriller