Barcelona president Laporta admits Man Utd, Newcastle target Dembele closer to exit

Forum 2 years ago

Barcelona president Laporta admits Man Utd, Newcastle target Dembele closer to exit

Barcelona president Joan Laporta concedes they're no closer to securing Ousmane Dembele to a new contract.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b7767d3e3e1e3cb06301117edea848eb.jpeg

With his contract to expire in June, Dembele is wanted by Manchester United, Newcastle and Arsenal.

Laporta said, "We gave him an offer that expired on December 20 last year. He decided not to accept the offer.

"Now Xavi says he counts on him because he is a player who makes a difference.

"Extend with him? The alternative that was presented to him has expired and now we are working on the salary levels for next season and we must get everyone else in as well. Those levels must be kept at the right level for it to work for the club and the squad.

"Right now there are no indications that he wants to stay. I do not know if Dembélé's agent got in touch, but in theory no, because I should know about it.

"After the season, I assume that there will be talks of some kind, but it will have to be within the limits we have set."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances