Villarreal coach Unai Emery details Newcastle talks

Forum 2 years ago

Villarreal coach Unai Emery details Newcastle talks

Villarreal coach Unai Emery has revisited fielding an approach from Newcastle United earlier this season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/24cfe43adaa00dc253015773ada8b349.jpeg

After Steve Bruce's axing, the Toon wanted the former Arsenal manager before turning to Eddie Howe.

Emery told Marca: “Sincerity is an important value. Me, in football, I have always been sincere. I prefer to say things face to face. When a club like this comes, less important than Villarreal, but with a plan to become big, and contacts me, the first thing I did was to listen.

"Then I informed Fernando Roig (the president of Villarreal). And I was honest when the press asked me. I said a club like Newcastle had come forward, I said I had listened and I made my decision.

"I was sincere, with the club, with the press and I made the decision to stay, in total transparency. It's over and I'm very happy at Villarreal. I think the club is grateful for that.

"The wheel continues to turn and we are in the quarter-finals of the Champions League. Football must go on."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Molly Shannon to Lead HBO Comedy Series From SNL Writer, Plot Details Revealed
Forum | 1 week ago

Molly Shannon to Lead HBO Comedy Series From SNL Writer, Plot Details Revealed

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England