Barcelona president Laporta cools talk of move for PSG striker Mbappe

Forum 2 years ago

Barcelona president Laporta cools talk of move for PSG striker Mbappe

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has cooled talk of a move for PSG striker Kylian Mbappe.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f1716c0b71aeabd3fe5482f79253399a.jpeg

Barca are being linked with Mbappe in the French press.

But Laporta says: "Here, everybody is free to post messages or proclamations - as we all know, that's a part of football, and that the big clubs have an interest in signing the top players.

"But I am not going to enter into that, if you don't mind, because if I do, all it would do would be to harm the interests of our club (…) I hope that you understand that we prioritise the team before anything else, a team in which reinforcements have been made to every line.

"But what we are not going to start taking part in is praising players or looking for players who might overshadow the team. After the 0-4 [win against Real Madrid], Mbappé was linked to Barça - but that is all just part of football show business, I have got nothing else to say about it."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Didn’t do enough – Mbappe takes blame for PSG’s defeat to Dortmund
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Didn’t do enough – Mbappe takes blame for PSG’s defeat to Dortmund

Arsenal’s Raya names striker better than Erling Haaland
Forum | 3 days ago

Arsenal’s Raya names striker better than Erling Haaland

Mbappe urges Real Madrid to consider Portuguese midfielder as Modric’s successor
Forum | 3 days ago

Mbappe urges Real Madrid to consider Portuguese midfielder as Modric’s successor

UCL: Why we lost 1-0 to Dortmund – PSG manager, Luis Enrique
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: Why we lost 1-0 to Dortmund – PSG manager, Luis Enrique