5 things ex-VP said about Obasanjo

Forum 7 years ago

5 things ex-VP said about Obasanjo

Ex-Vice President, Atiku Abubakar denied being corrupt and also shed some light on Obasanjo’s alleged third term bid.

Ex-Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has spoken about his former boss, Olusegun Obasanjo in a recent interview with Zero Tolerance, the in-house magazine of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Atiku denied being corrupt and also shed some light on Obasanjo’s alleged third term bid.

Below are five things he said about Obasanjo:

1. “My offence was that I disagreed with him on the amendment of the constitution to remove tenure/term limits or what was popularly called the ‘third term agenda’….After going through (them), I found out that tenure limits had been removed. In other words, he could be President for life.”

2. “It is not true that he knelt for me. Of course, he came to my house and I refused to see him. He started it. How can you go and declare your candidacy and refuse to declare that you will run with your running mate?”

3. “I still thank God and him for nominating me as his Vice President which gave me the opportunity to experience governance at the highest level.”

4.“We had political disagreement quite rightly so. I never shied away from political disagreement; we quarreled and where we couldn’t make up, it became public knowledge.”

5. “…I respect him as my former boss. The fact that we disagreed politically is no reason why we should be at loggerheads all our lifetime.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 4 days ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares
Forum | 1 week ago

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares

SPL: What Ronaldo said after scoring another hat-trick in Al-Nassr’s 8-0 win over Abha
Forum | 2 weeks ago

SPL: What Ronaldo said after scoring another hat-trick in Al-Nassr’s 8-0 win over Abha

Watch The Moment Ex-President Obasanjo Jumped Down From The Stage After Giving A Speech In Lagos
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Watch The Moment Ex-President Obasanjo Jumped Down From The Stage After Giving A Speech In Lagos