West Ham rival Newcastle, AC Milan for Botman

Forum 2 years ago

West Ham rival Newcastle, AC Milan for Botman

West Ham have joined the interest in Lille defender Sven Botman.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1ad4d9d3d110dbb52274665f812b6abc.jpeg

The London Evening Standard says manager David Moyes recently held discussions with the West Ham board over their plans for the next transfer window as they try to remain in the conversation for Europa League and Champions League football in the years ahead.

Botman, 22, matches the profile of a left-sided centre-back that Moyes feels is needed to bolster his squad and is among a number of defenders being monitored ahead of the summer.

The Dutch youth international started all but one of Lille's Ligue 1 matches as they won the title ahead of Paris Saint-Germain last season.

West Ham pushed to sign Marseille's Duje Caleta-Car in the January window but could not strike a deal with the Ligue 1 club. The Croatian is a player they could return for in the summer.

Should they move for Botman, who has signalled his desire to depart Lille this summer, West Ham are likely to face significant competition from Newcastle and AC Milan.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title
Forum | 1 week ago

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title