Man Utd great Wayne Rooney inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd great Wayne Rooney inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame

Five-time Premier League champion Wayne Rooney has today been inducted into the official Premier League Hall of Fame.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e104336e6efdc01215600d23cbfb7d81.jpeg

The Hall of Fame recognises and celebrates the exceptional skill and talent of individuals who have graced the Premier League since its inception in 1992. It is the highest individual honour awarded to players by the League.

Rooney is one of the League's greatest scorers, with his 208 goals placing him second in the all-time charts. He was renowned for spectacular strikes, typified by the memorable goal he scored as a 16-year-old for hometown club Everton against Arsenal soon after breaking into the first team.

After joining Manchester United, he twice won the Premier League Goal of the Season award, for his long-range volley against Newcastle United in 2004/05 and his bicycle kick against title rivals Manchester City in 2010/11.

During 13 seasons at Old Trafford, Rooney scored 183 Premier League goals to become the club's record scorer in the competition. He won the League five times, including three in a row between 2006/07 and 2008/09. Thanks to a combination of raw talent and technical ability, he was named Player of the Month five times and won the League's Player of the Season in 2009/10.

Rooney said: "It's a huge honour for me to be named in the Premier League Hall of Fame, alongside an incredible group of players who have already been inducted.

"Growing up, I watched the Premier League as far back as I can remember. My dream was always to become a professional footballer, score goals, and win trophies, and I was lucky enough to win the Premier League five times.

"I have so many brilliant memories from my years playing for Everton and Manchester United, and I'm really proud of what we achieved. To enter the Hall of Fame is very special for me personally and I'm grateful to be recognised."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Blade’s Mia Goth Addresses Delayed MCU Production: ‘They Want to Make a Great Movie’
Forum | 7 hours ago

Blade’s Mia Goth Addresses Delayed MCU Production: ‘They Want to Make a Great Movie’

EPL: Ten Hag set to sign new contract, bring ex-Man Utd striker back
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Ten Hag set to sign new contract, bring ex-Man Utd striker back

Man suffers electric shock while stealing from FAAN power installation
Forum | 18 hours ago

Man suffers electric shock while stealing from FAAN power installation

EPL: Van Nistelrooy set for shock return to Man Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Van Nistelrooy set for shock return to Man Utd