Saka seeking major pay-hike on 'modest' Arsenal contract

Forum 2 years ago

Saka seeking major pay-hike on 'modest' Arsenal contract

Bukayo Saka is seeking a significant pay-rise at Arsenal.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0bb685ac155323473e9b3f5dd682d2a9.jpeg

The 20-year-old attacker grabbed his tenth goal of the season to secure the Gunners a vital 1-0 win at Villa Park on Saturday.

Saka's displays have led to interest from both Manchester City and Liverpool over recent months after details of his contract emerged.

He penned a new “long-term" deal back in 2020 which was believed to be until 2023 and worth £30,000-a-week.

However, Arsenal are reportedly able to activate an additional 12-months on that.

But the attacker's “growing importance" to Mikel Arteta's team is behind their “determination to extend" his deal.

The Athletic says “an initial conversation has now taken place" over an extension.

And the “possibility of an improved" package at the Emirates Stadium was also discussed.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

Arsenal’s Raya names striker better than Erling Haaland
Forum | 2 days ago

Arsenal’s Raya names striker better than Erling Haaland

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Final Trailer Teases Major Monkey Deaths
Forum | 1 week ago

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Final Trailer Teases Major Monkey Deaths