Dier says Spurs teammate Romero ideal for Conte's defensive plans

Forum 2 years ago

Dier says Spurs teammate Romero ideal for Conte's defensive plans

Tottenham defender Eric Dier has sung the praises of teammate Cristian Romero.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9a6f044e58048dc8a6027cb91e0ff71d.jpeg

The Argentina international shows aggression in his front-foot defending and Dier believes that's exactly what manager Antonio Conte is demanding from the back line.

"That is what the manager wants in the centre-backs, especially on the sides, but from all three of us he wants us to break the lines and be aggressive," he said.

"We are playing a back five but it is rarely a back five, someone is always trying to break the lines for us to be more proactive and more aggressive and allow us to press up the pitch.

"I think that Cuti, one of his best qualities is that he is very aggressive and he reads the game very well and the same for Ben [Davies] as well."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m
Forum | 4 days ago

President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan
Forum | 6 days ago

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 1 week ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’