Youri Tielemans makes clear Leicester intentions amid Man Utd, Juventus talk

Forum 2 years ago

Youri Tielemans makes clear Leicester intentions amid Man Utd, Juventus talk

Youri Tielemans insists he's happy at Leicester City.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/51fa2ed0d430f46f98ca9a5ed95e3278.jpeg

The Belgian midfielder's deal at the King Power Stadium runs until 2023, with no resolution yet reached on contract talks with City, despite discussions opening more than 12 months ago. As such, speculation over Tielemans' future has been rife.

A host of Europe's biggest clubs have been linked with Tielemans, including Manchester United, Arsenal, Juventus, and Bayern Munich.

“I am very calm about that," Tielemans told Het Belang van Limburg when questioned on his future. “My contract expires in 2023 and it's not that I absolutely want to leave. I haven't made my decision yet. If I have to stay another year, I will gladly do so.

“The club has been really great towards me. They remain very professional, just like me. That will not change.

“There are talks between the club and my advisors. That will remain so. It's not that I'm ignoring the club. In the summer I will study my options and take the plunge.

“My family is the most important to me. I don't go somewhere that I know my family isn't happy with. As a father of two children, you have to think about that too."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford
Forum | 2 days ago

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG