Pastor in court for allegedly marrying mother, daughter

Forum 7 years ago

Pastor in court for allegedly marrying mother, daughter

A Pastor, Timothy Ngwu, was yesterday docked at an Enugu North Magistrates’ Court for allegedly marrying another man’s wife, daughter as well as another woman.The pastor’s wife, Veronica Ngwu petitioned the court over the development.
The victims, whom Mr. Ngwu converted to his “wives” were said to be members of his church, God’s Favour Ministry, Nsukka.One of the victims, Calista Omeye, however, told the court that her husband, Fidelis Omeye, had persuaded her to meet the pastor, as he wanted her to do the will of God through the pastor.

“My husband was a member of the church and he introduced me to the church, because he said the pastor had a revelation for me. The revelation had to do with the will of God, but he later left the church though I refused to leave with him. I have 10 children for him and I had a baby for the pastor but the baby died after some weeks,” she told the court.

She said it was with her husband’s consent that their daughter was given to the pastor in marriage. “It is not true that I gave out our daughter in marriage to the pastor without the consent of my husband, he was aware of everything.”
Mr. Ngwu, who hails from Ihe-Owerre, Nsukka, was absent from the court as he was said to be on admission at a hospital in Enugu.The presiding magistrate, R.I. Oruruo, adjourned hearing in the matter to September 26.

In another development, three men, who allegedly stole a container laden with goods worth N6.5 million, were in Lagos charged before an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court yesterday.The accused — Kabiru Aremu, 30; Sadu Muyideen, 26; and Razaki Anofi, 40 — are facing a two-count charge of conspiracy and stealing. They, however, pleaded innocence of the offences.

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs. Oluyemisi Adelaja, admitted them to a bail of N500,000 each with two sureties each in like sum. One of the sureties, she said, must be living in his house and also show evidence of tax payment to the state government.

Earlier, Chinalu Uwadione, an Inspector said the offences were committed on August 5 around 11:00p.m. at Dangote Warehouse, Eric Moore in Surulere. He said a 20-ft. container with goods valued at N6.5 million, property of Istabarragin Nig. Ltd, was kept in the custody of the accused.Uwadione told the court that the container, however, disappeared mysteriously.

The offences, he noted, contravened Sections 285 and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011. Both sections provide three years and two years imprisonment respectively for offenders.The case has been adjourned to September 19 for mention.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
DJ Cuppy hints at marrying an Indian man amid difficulty in finding husband
Forum | 1 day ago

DJ Cuppy hints at marrying an Indian man amid difficulty in finding husband

AMVCA 2024: Ireti Doyle’s daughter comes under fire over choice of outfit
Forum | 1 day ago

AMVCA 2024: Ireti Doyle’s daughter comes under fire over choice of outfit

Mother, Couch Trailer Previews Dramedy Movie With Ewan McGregor, Ellen Burstyn
Forum | 1 day ago

Mother, Couch Trailer Previews Dramedy Movie With Ewan McGregor, Ellen Burstyn