"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Graphic Photos: Dangling corpse of 67-yr-old man who committed suicide in Calabar

Forum 7 years ago

Graphic Photos: Dangling corpse of 67-yr-old man who committed suicide in Calabar

A 67 year old man, Mr. Okon Edet Iwang, who resides at 13B Ekpo Iso Lane, Ikot Ansa in Calabar Municipality, Cross River State, was on Tuesday morning found dangling with a rope round his neck in front of his room.

It was gathered that the late Mr. Edet, hailed from Obot Akara ,Ukposin Atai in Akwa Ibom.

He was said to be suffering from diabetes for close to three years but was gradually recovering before the unfortunate incident.
A neighbour said:

“Before going to church on Sunday evening, I saw him and when I also came back at 10: 30 p.m., we greeted but I was shocked when I woke up this morning to see his lifeless body dangling in the air. He used the rope that we normally use in spreadingclothes to hang himself right in front of his door and you know it rained at night, so we believe he did it around 1 or 2a.m., when people were sleeping.

“He was getting better, he was recovering from his sickness because the diabetic sore on his leg was healing very fine but we were surprised, we are still in shock, that Ette Aniette as he is popularly known could monster the courage to kill himself, it is a sad day for us, because he was a very peaceful man,” he said.The source also hinted that Ette Aniete, who retired from
Industrial Trust Fund, ITF, was still receiving his pension and was even re-engaged on a contract basis before he was finally paid due to his deteriorating health.

The neighbour added,
“He slumped sometime ago and went into coma which lasted for about three months. He was paid off after he came back from the hospital, the sickness affected his eyes because he developed partial blindness and I think depression also started setting in. We had to call his son, Aniette to come and stay with him.

“His wife had left him at the peak of his illness and before that, he lost one of his children. We believe all this must have made him to commit suicide. We called the police immediately and they took his corpse away.”

Click To See Graphic Photo

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
FA Cup Final: Man Utd will sack Ten Hag – Rio Ferdinand
Forum | 20 hours ago

FA Cup Final: Man Utd will sack Ten Hag – Rio Ferdinand

EPL title: They didn’t want to beat us – Man City’s Rodri mocks Arsenal
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL title: They didn’t want to beat us – Man City’s Rodri mocks Arsenal

Uche Ogbodo shares sultry photos as she marks 38th birthday
Forum | 3 days ago