Schmeichel calls on Man Utd to fully focus on next managerial appointment

Forum 2 years ago

Schmeichel calls on Man Utd to fully focus on next managerial appointment

Manchester United Treble winner Peter Schmeichel says the Red Devils need to focus on getting their next managerial appointment right after the club was knocked out of the Champions League on Tuesday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/be5fdfe9eb5e5409fa050f668abd3d9c.jpeg

Ralf Rangnick is United's interim boss until the end of the season. Paris St-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino and Ajax's Erik ten Hag remain the frontrunners for the post.

"Finding and giving a new manager a job is the priority," Schmeichel told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"There is an opportunity and there is some hope to cling on to that getting that right can take the club in the right direction.

"I think top managers, of course they want to win, but they also see great potential.

"You can come in c change things, you can bring players in. It's not like you have this team that is already working.

"I think the best managers in the world will relish a challenge like this. Everyone who is not at Liverpool or Manchester City would take that opportunity if they got it offered."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

EPL: Ian Wright slams Carragher for disrespecting Man United midfielder
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Ian Wright slams Carragher for disrespecting Man United midfielder

EPL: Ten Hag could leave Man Utd for Bayern Munich
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Ten Hag could leave Man Utd for Bayern Munich