Southampton fullback Walker-Peters welcomes England interest

Forum 2 years ago

Southampton fullback Walker-Peters welcomes England interest

Southampton fullback Kyle Walker-Peters has welcomed talk of England interest.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/798ef54dfa19820b838607ddbb7a252e.jpeg

Three Lions manager Gareth Southgate is expected to name his squad for two home friendly matches this month on Thursday, March 17.

England are due to play Switzerland and Ivory Coast at Wembley Stadium at the end of the month, as the side build up to a busy Nations League schedule in June. Southgate and his squad will then travel to Qatar in November this year, for the FIFA World Cup.

Walker-Peters has been one of Ralph Hasenhuttl's best performers this season, as they occupy the top-half of the Premier League and remain in the final eight of the FA Cup.

He told the Daily Echo: “You know, I'm really happy with my performances this season.

“I think I've done a good job and it's being recognised which is nice. Of course, I'd love to represent England, but that's down to the manager."

He added: “My main focus is performing as well as I can for Southampton and hopefully that will give me the opportunity to go with England."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BBNaija’s Chomzy Welcomes Baby Boy With Husband
Forum | 4 days ago

BBNaija’s Chomzy Welcomes Baby Boy With Husband

‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display
Forum | 1 week ago

‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display

Sabinus Welcomes First Child With Wife
Forum | 1 month ago

Sabinus Welcomes First Child With Wife