Haller admits he's happy to have quit West Ham for Ajax

Forum 2 years ago

Haller admits he's happy to have quit West Ham for Ajax

Sebastien Haller admits he's happy to have quit West Ham for Ajax.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6e6debb2b01814d0174dae4bf3922102.jpeg

Signed for £45m in the summer of 2019, the Ivory Coast international struggled to live up to such a big fee, scoring only 14 times in 54 games.

While suggesting Haller was an utter flop would be too much perhaps, few doubt he was one of many big-money signings to have failed to live up to the hype West Ham made under Manuel Pellegrini's stewardship.

Life at Ajax, however, has proven far more fruitful.

“I was just unlucky with a coach who had a different idea," he said.

“My style of play just didn't fit his game system. Accordingly, I was aware that I had no prospects and would therefore hardly be used.

“He needed a different type of striker. Sitting on the bench was not allowed to become a permanent conditions. Then, the offer from Ajax came suddenly, which I saw as a gift. An opportunity that I absolutely wanted to seize and that I have not regretted for a second."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kevin Feige Admits Marvel’s Failures & Plans To ‘Exceed Expectations’ in 2024
Forum | 8 hours ago

Kevin Feige Admits Marvel’s Failures & Plans To ‘Exceed Expectations’ in 2024

Jeremy Renner Revealed He ‘Died’ After Snowplow Accident, Claims Co-Star
Forum | 8 hours ago

Jeremy Renner Revealed He ‘Died’ After Snowplow Accident, Claims Co-Star

Ademola Lookman shuns Ivory Coast, South Africa as he names most difficult game at AFCON 2023
Forum | 14 hours ago

Ademola Lookman shuns Ivory Coast, South Africa as he names most difficult game at AFCON 2023

EPL: David Moyes’ replacement at West Ham revealed
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: David Moyes’ replacement at West Ham revealed