Ajax coach Ten Hag wants Rangnick as part of Man Utd coaching team

Forum 2 years ago

Ajax coach Ten Hag wants Rangnick as part of Man Utd coaching team

Ajax coach Erik ten Hag wants Ralf Rangnick as part of his staff should he land the Manchester United job.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f97465dd6bd48b77444ff78f91ca6b28.jpeg

The Mirror says Ten Hag has grown frustrated with the situation at Ajax and is now considering leaving the club.

The report states that if ten Hag did become United manager then he would be open to giving current interim boss Rangnick a role as part of his coaching team.

Following this season Rangnick is set to take on a consultancy position at United for the next two years but ten Hag could give the 63-year-old a more active role in the dugout.

Ten Hag is seen as one of the leading candidates to become United's next manager, with Paris Saint-Germain's Mauricio Pochettino having also been heavily linked with the job.

During his time at Ajax, Ten Hag has won the Eredivisie twice while he has also won the KNVB Cup on two occasions.

Marc Overmars departure as Ajax's director of football has led to Ten Hag considering his own future.

Prior to managing Ajax, ten Hag had spells in charge of Go Ahead Eagles, Bayern Munich II and Utrecht.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd