Sack: PDP Submits Nominees To Replace Umahi And His Deputy

Forum 2 years ago

Sack: PDP Submits Nominees To Replace Umahi And His Deputy

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has submitted nominees to replace sacked Ebonyi state governor David Umahi and his deputy Eric Igwe to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f02fc46b448b36e4faed797d4458b9e0.jpg

Recall that Governor Umahi and his Deputy were sacked by a federal high court judge, Inyang Ekwo, who ruled that the constitution does not recognize transfer of ballot from one party to another.

Ekwo had also ordered INEC to receive from the PDP, names of persons to replace Umahi and his deputy, or in the alternative, conduct a fresh gubernatorial election in Ebonyi state in line with section 177 (c) of the 1999 constitution, as amended.

Iyorchia Ayu, PDP national chairman who spoke on the development on Tuesday March 8, said the opposition party has nominated Iduma Igariwe and Fred Udogwu to replace Umahi and Igwe.

Ayu said;

“After due consultations with other colleagues, we are happy to inform you that for the position of governor, the party, after due consultations with stakeholders in Ebonyi state, is putting forward honourable Iduma Igariwe as the new governor.

“For position of deputy governor, the party is putting forward Mr Fred Udogwu.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba
Forum | 5 days ago

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 5 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 6 days ago

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam
Forum | 1 week ago

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam