"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Have You Ever Seen a Woman With a Beard Before? These Photos of Hairy Women Will Surprise You

Forum 8 years ago

Have You Ever Seen a Woman With a Beard Before? These Photos of Hairy Women Will Surprise You

Some days after the world famous singer Adele revealed she has a beard that she just cropped out and that she started growing facial hair while pregnant, other brave ladies with the same condition have decided to ditch their insecurities and embrace their facial follicles.

Adele, confessed to gig-goers in Glasgow that she has a beard, she said: “I actually have a beard, but I’m proud of it. I only cropped it last night. I call it Larry.”

Her confession has been applauded by others who have had struggles with their stubble and three women who sport impressive beards came out with their own stories.

In a interview with Diana Appleyard they revealed more about the condition:

Mariam Mitbart, from Bath, writes a blog that celebrates female facial hair and has appeared as a bearded lady in a circus. She is single and has a 31-year-old son.

Mariam, 51, says:

I feel more sexy and womanly now. Like Adele, my facial hair began growing after the birth of my son because of the hormones released in pregnancy.

My doctor at the time told me that it happens to a lot of women and that my facial hair would stop growing, but it hasn’t.

At first, I was horrified and I used to pluck the hairs on my chin every day. But after nearly 20 years of doing that my chin was very red and some of the hairs had become in-grown.

I looked as if I had fallen over and landed on my chin. I tried electrolysis three times, but each time the hairs grew back. So eight years ago I decided I’d had enough of continually plucking and let the beard grow.

I started a blog telling other women about my condition. At first, I was scared that no one would talk to me any more, and my mother said to me, “Do you have to shock people like this?”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Last of Us Season 2 Photos Tease Next Chapter of HBO Drama
Forum | 1 hour ago

The Last of Us Season 2 Photos Tease Next Chapter of HBO Drama

The Woman in Cabin 10 Movie Adaptation Starring Keira Knightley Announced
Forum | 1 hour ago

The Woman in Cabin 10 Movie Adaptation Starring Keira Knightley Announced

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow Release Date Set, Milly Alcock to Lead
Forum | 7 hours ago

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow Release Date Set, Milly Alcock to Lead