#JusticeforBamise: Why Are the BRT Buses Not Fitted With CCTV Cameras?- Actress Toyin Queries Lagos Govt

Forum 2 years ago

#JusticeforBamise: Why Are the BRT Buses Not Fitted With CCTV Cameras?- Actress Toyin Queries Lagos Govt

Nollywood actress, Toyin Abraham-Ajeyemi has demanded for justice for late Bamise Ayanwole.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a74f3a75cb05ab3df577718e47773efc.jpg

Recall that the 22-year-old lady went missing after boarding a BRT bus in Lagos. Her body was later discovered on Monday.

In a post shared on her IG page, Toyin queried why the Lagos state government don't have cameras on BRT buses.

She wrote:

''It is sad enough that Nigeria is not safe but to think that a place or thing considered as property like BRT is now considered a dangerous place should all get all of us concerned. But I have few questions for Lagos State Government, why are the BRT buses not fitted with CCTV cameras? What measure have you put in place since this incident that made you assure Lagosians that the BRT buses are now safe?

Are we truly safe or your speech is just government rhetoric, telling us what we want to hear?

Lagosians, please be careful, we cannot move about like everything is okay. Things are not okay if we are not safe inside government buses.

And to the family of Ayanwole Oluwabamise I sympathize with you. Some of us will reach out to see how you can go through this phase with some measure of ease-no easy way in grieve. May God truly console you.

This is such a sad incident!

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yemi Alade fumes as she queries Lagos State government over recent series of house demolitions
Forum | 15 hours ago

Yemi Alade fumes as she queries Lagos State government over recent series of house demolitions

Actress Lola Alao Recounts Humiliating Slap While Doing Caregiver Job in Canada
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Lola Alao Recounts Humiliating Slap While Doing Caregiver Job in Canada

Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba admission forms, 2024/2025
Forum | 2 days ago

Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba admission forms, 2024/2025

Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo