Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Shocking!! See The Quantity Of Heroine NDLEA Intercepted Concealed Inside Letters [Photo]

Forum 8 years ago

Shocking!! See The Quantity Of Heroine NDLEA Intercepted Concealed Inside Letters [Photo]

Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) say they have discovered a letter laden with heroin in Lagos, Daily Trust reports.The letter according to the agency was sent from Bengaluru, India, on Express Mail Service (EMS) and addressed to Mr Yunusa Amusan, 33, in Mushin, Lagos.
According to a press statement today by the Head, Public Affairs of the agency Ofoyeju Mitchell, about four hundred and eighty (480) grammes of powdery substance that tested positive for heroin was found inside the letter. The thin parcels of heroin, the statement said, was carefully hidden in the letter in a manner that makes it difficult to detect.

The Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Col. Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah rtd said that the arrest was recorded following the diversification of the Agency’s operations, the statement added.

“The operations of the Agency have been diversified to cover mail services. Drug control is an intelligence-led operation and the NDLEA under my dispensation will spread its tentacles to all possible areas of narcotic smuggling. We will not relent in taking deliberate and sustained efforts towards preventing drug trafficking under any guise in the country be it by air, land and water” Abdallah stated.

The NDLEA boss said investigation revealed that the suspect who is in custody allegedly connived with his uncle who lives in India to import heroin disguised as letters to Nigeria. He assured Nigerians that the Agency will always work towards a drug-free society.

The statement quoted the suspect as saying, “I run errands for my uncle who lives in India. He used to send money and letters to me to give to his wives and friends. Sometimes he will ask me to buy foodstuff and sent to him in India and in return, he gives me money to take care and sustain myself.

“I am single and a native of Ogun State. After my Junior Secondary School Certificate, I could not further my education due to lack of sponsorship. I later learnt how to repair television sets but could not rent a shop to start my own business. The letter my uncle sent to me was opened in my presence and other officers and it was found to contain heroin.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Man Arrested For Allegedly Abducting 10-year-old Girl And Hiding Her Inside Fridge
Forum | 1 week ago

Man Arrested For Allegedly Abducting 10-year-old Girl And Hiding Her Inside Fridge

NDLEA Nabs 28-Year-Old Woman Who Manufactures Cakes Laced With Drugs
Forum | 1 week ago

NDLEA Nabs 28-Year-Old Woman Who Manufactures Cakes Laced With Drugs

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo

Newborn Baby Drowns Inside A Well In Kano
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Newborn Baby Drowns Inside A Well In Kano