Man City boss Guardiola delighted being able to count on Stones

Forum 2 years ago

Man City boss Guardiola delighted being able to count on Stones

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is delighted counting on John Stones.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9f00b4bb1c74271e409eacf09e998881.jpeg

Ahead of today's clash with Manchester United, Guardiola has been impressed by the attitude of Stones that is open to improving himself and doing whatever he can to help the team.

"This season we started with Aymeric and Ruben. Aymeric was playing at an incredible level and we need a left foot in this area to help us to make our build-up," the manager said. "Little details, to make a good pass the central defender to the left full-back creates a chance to score a goal.

"Aymeric was so important but John in part didn't play much because he was injured twice again, the previous season he was never injured. But what I feel now is that he is incredibly mature.

"I think that [after] some knocks given to him, he understands his profession, his life much, much, much better. The proof is when he played right-back. he was not always good, but he was exceptional. Defensively, offensively, everything.

"That's why of course now with Ruben out, hopefully he can be fit and be there. I don't have doubts about John but he knows he can do better and every game is a proof to do it better. Today we train with him many aspects that he can do better and I think he is ready and accepts he can do better.

"When he doesn't play it's not, 'Oh I don't play' - he helps the team a lot and says, 'Pep, what do we need? I'm here'. When that happens, you will have a long career, a successful career and everything comes from here. He's ready."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him