Chelsea boss Tuchel tribute to Abramovich; insists business as usual

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea boss Tuchel tribute to Abramovich; insists business as usual

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is yet to discuss summer market plans.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c8f0fad81967b9f3ce98697656bf09a7.jpeg

But he insists that has nothing to do with the uncertainty over the club's ownership.

Tuchel said today, "To be honest, there have been no talks for the summer, not with Marina (Granovskaia) or with Petr (Cech). It is simply too early.

"There are always ideas and reflection on the subject, but the main focus in the last few weeks even without all the noise was on the different competitions and to be successful as we can be and to bring out the best in our team.

"We still have some work to do to constantly improve. But we're in a good place at the moment. I feel the team growing and getting better and better.

"So no worries in particular this case until the summer. There is a long way to go."

On departing club Roman Abramovich, Tuchel said: "He was and is a very very passionate owner, who cares about the team, the club and the performance personally, which is very rare and makes him very special."

Will the next owner be as successful?

"Let's speak in 20 years and we'll see. Whoever buys Chelsea is lucky to have it."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid
Forum | 15 hours ago

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers
Forum | 1 day ago

‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers