Fresh Dust Raised Over Supreme Court Decision On Rivers Guber Election

Forum 8 years ago

Fresh Dust Raised Over Supreme Court Decision On Rivers Guber Election

Fresh Dust Raised Over Supreme Court Decision On Rivers Guber Election -Role Of Ex-Governor Peter Odili & Wife QuestionedA fresh hail of dust has been kicked up over the recent judgment of the Supreme Court to return the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Nyesom Wike, as the forced governor of Rivers State.

The favourable judgment was given despite overwhelming evidence that appears to show that it lacked fidelity.

Reliable sources have told SaharaReporters that the allegations made by Dakuku Peterside, Wike’s majoropponent and candidate for the All Progressives Congress (APC), should notbe dismissed, as there are bold hints that Wike did meet the Supreme Court judges during a burial ceremony in Mbaise, Imo State, in the run-up to the Supreme Court ruling.Peterside, had mounted a legal challenge against the declaration of Wike as the winner. He initially got a reprieve when the Election Petitions Tribunal and Court of Appeal deemed the election that produced Wike as dodgy.But in a shocking twist, the Supreme Court overturned the judgments of both lower courts, a development thatsparked a blast of public criticism.

Notably, there are widespread allegations that the Supreme Court may have been compromised to declare Wike as validly elected despite glaringevidence of widespread violence and thenon-use of card reader machines during the election.The allegation grew louder when Peterside openly claimed that Wike hadmet secretly with some of the judges that heard the matter.

Credible information confirmed that Nyesom Wike had earlier confessed to some persons of having met one of the Justices of the Supreme Court in Mbaise during an important burial ceremony, another at Owerri in a hotel and yet others in Dubai and Abu Dhabi respectively,” Peterside had said. “These Justices were on the panel thatdecided the matter in Wike’s favour.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Again Adjourns Arraignment Of APC Chairman, Ganduje, Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Again Adjourns Arraignment Of APC Chairman, Ganduje, Wife

Court Slams N30million Damages Against Linda Ikeji
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Slams N30million Damages Against Linda Ikeji

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares
Forum | 4 days ago

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 1 week ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member