West Ham midfielder Rice excited by Sevilla Euro draw

Forum 2 years ago

West Ham midfielder Rice excited by Sevilla Euro draw

West Ham midfielder Declan Rice admits he's excited about their Europa League draw with Sevilla.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7c1e04a0cc0a4f752951ffd1d07b636c.jpeg

West Ham will face Sevilla in the round of 16.

Rice said: “I'm excited, I've seen the draw and I'm looking forward to it! We were outside training as we start at eleven, so we didn't see the draw, but Stuart Pearce came running out shouting at the top of his voice that it was Sevilla.

“Obviously you're still focusing on training but when you come in you take in the draw and see what it's like and obviously a massive club and a massive team and it's going to be a tough tie, but if we want to compete with the best and test ourselves against the best, we're going to have to beat the best if we want to win the competition.

“So, we're excited and all the lads and the manager and of course the fans are looking forward to it.

“I think we're always confident and as lads we never go into a game thinking we're going to come out with a bad result. We honestly think we can beat anyone on our day.

“They've added some good players, players we've played against in the past [in Erik Lamela and Anthony Martial] and obviously they've had that experience of going far in the competition and winning it, but we've settled really well into life in Europe and to top our group was a massive confidence booster.

“Now, obviously, it's the knockout stages and we'll take it a game at a time and, of course, we want to come out on top, so we need to stay focused and we know we've got a big challenge ahead."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: David Moyes’ replacement at West Ham revealed
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: David Moyes’ replacement at West Ham revealed

Mbappe urges Real Madrid to consider Portuguese midfielder as Modric’s successor
Forum | 3 days ago

Mbappe urges Real Madrid to consider Portuguese midfielder as Modric’s successor

EPL: Moyes blames Declan Rice’s exit for 5-0 defeat to West Ham
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Moyes blames Declan Rice’s exit for 5-0 defeat to West Ham

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy
Forum | 1 week ago

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy